BILINGUAL ONSITE HEALTH COACH / WELLNESS COACH
The JBS STRONG ONSITE Health Coach engages employees with chronic conditions in health improvement and health care through individual and group health coaching interventions in a structured and sequenced, person-centered program. This includes screening, assessment, action planning, goal setting, and social support development. The STRONG health coach uses motivational interviewing (MI) and other cognitive behavioral strategies to manage the complex health needs of employees enrolled in the JBS STRONG worksite health improvement program, with the objectives of improving participant capacity for self-care, to achieve desired health improvement goals and clinical outcomes.JBS USA, a leading protein producer with over 50,000 US employees, has transformed its worksites and partnered with community primary care practices to deliver best practice evidence-based health improvement programs driven by behavioral science-informed group and individual interventions. This position serves employees of JBS USA exclusively.
- Work at JBS worksite as health coach for employees with chronic conditions.
- Manage a caseload of employee participants in health improvement program.
- Collaborate with HR team and supervisors to support employee engagement in the program.
- Conduct employee screenings for various health risks.
- Conduct employee assessments of health status, health engagement and health risks.
- Guide participants through the development of a patient-centered goals.
- Facilitate skill-building sessions to enable participants to achieve health goals to improve quality of life and reduce medical spend.”.
- Evaluate effectiveness and progress made by employees.
- Engage employees in goal-setting, resilience-building, and healthy living skills.
- Chart interventions and employee progress in case management system.
- Coordinate care with Case management and Utilization Management staff.
- Collaborate with employees and physicians to formulate an optimal plan of care that meets all of the medical, psychosocial and financial needs of the employee.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and HITRUST information security requirements to protect client information.
- Adheres to AmeriBen culture by demonstrating Integrity, Initiative, Good Judgment, and Teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure individual and group goals are achieved with Accuracy, Customer Service and Timely Turnaround.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health science, psychology, behavioral sciences, public health, counseling, social work, nursing, nutrition, or exercise (or enrolled in a 4+-year degree program).
- Candidate should be health-centered and should be able to model healthy lifestyle skills.
- Current health coach certification OR certification within six months of employment (sponsored by JBS).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment.
- Strong interpersonal relationship & communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse workforce population.
- Time management, organizational, analytical, and writing skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, efficiently, perform multi-tasking, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with people to improve their physical or psychosocial health, or both.
- Clinical care experience, community health experience, or behavioral health therapy experience.
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Motivational Interviewing training and experience.
- Certification or licensure in one or more of the following healthcare occupations: counseling, social work, health coaching, nursing, medical assistant, community health planner, or some clinical field relevant to chronic care management is a plus. Some examples include, but are not limited to: MCHES, CHES, CCP, RHC, CHC, CDE, CMA, LCSW, LPC, LCDC, LAC, RN, ACE, NASM, Licensed Psychologist