SHIFT MANAGER - PPF 2nd Shift
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
- Managing the first and further processing production operations of the plant.
- Coordinating the production, maintenance, sanitation, quality, shipping and receiving areas.
- Monitoring performance of each department to meet production efficiency, yield and quality goals.
- Setting objectives and reviewing shift's performance versus objectives.
- Encouraging subordinates to find ways to reduce cost.
- Ensuring sanitation meets USDA standards.
- Coordinating production and sanitation maintenance to meet daily needs.
- Analyzing equipment on a daily basis and reviewing with maintenance superintendent.
- Providing a clear sense of direction for supervisors to work toward and encourage teamwork to achieve goals.
- Establishing challenging goals and standards fro each supervisor and encourage them to give their best effort.
- Ensuring effective utilization of human resources by training subordinates, motivating consistent performances, appraising performance, recommending salary action and developing for potential promotion.
- Monitoring operations to meet company policies, quality specifications, USDA and OSHA standards.
- Conducting plant inspections to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Managing all aspects of operations to assure a safe working environment.
- Taking immediate action to eliminate improper practices or hazardous conditions.
- 5+ years experience in the poultry/food industry required with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with operational and processing management.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred.