MANAGER OF VALUE ADDED & GROUND BEEF PRODUCTS
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year
The focus of this role is to be responsible for overseeing trim, ground beef, and value added products for our Fed beef division. This includes working with multiple departmental leaders and associates at the corporate and facility locations. This position requires exceptional leadership skills and must maintain the Fed Beef division’s high expectations to be an industry leader.
- Oversight of trim, ground beef, and value added operations to ensure products meet JBS’s specifications and our customer expectations, including items such as, but not limited to, all specification requirements, lean point, packaging and labeling requirements, shelf life, quality and appearance, etc.
- Develop, implement, and oversee Quality Assurance and Food Safety related programs, specifications, shelf life, and quality for the Fed beef division for applicable product categories.
- Assist the sales and plant teams with new product and program development, specifications, and implementation of related programs.
- Build internal and external relationships with customers, vendors, suppliers, government agencies, contractors, and industry organizations where applicable.
- Auditing copackers for approval of production and subsequent process and product program and specification adherence.
- Provide technical assistance to operations when testing equipment and manufacturing new products.
- Travel varies as business needs require.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Meat Science, or equivalent experience preferred. Significant relevant industry experience will be considered.
- 5+ years in a role of related experience or deemed equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of red meat specifications, production processes, and packaging forms.
- Demonstrated R&D, QA and Food Safety technical competence/expertise.
- Demonstrated motivation and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically, execute a plan, and prevent and solve problems.
- Pro-active self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for completion of business tasks. Must be a driven individual that can take ownership of projects, R&D, QA and Food Safety responsibilities, and complete all the relevant tasks required for the job with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work independently, but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and lead a team.
- Must be able to work closely with many departments including sales, marketing, purchasing, production, and customers.
- Analytical skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills such as Excel, Powerpoint, and Word required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $110 – $125K; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.