Bone Yield Auditor
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Souderton operation is a two-shift, beef-processing facility located in eastern Pennsylvania. JBS employs a total of 1,500 team members.
Souderton has the capacity to process more than 520,000 cattle per year and currently exports to 20 different countries around the world!
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future
Job Title: Bone Yield Auditor
Purpose & Scope: The focus of this role is to perform bone yield tests to assess the proper boning technics of our fabrication processes. This person will be responsible for the collecting of bone material and performing bone tests as it relates to production yields. This person will report to the Yield Analyst and work with the Fabrication Team leaders and associates to provide information and reports to improve performance.
- Performing multiple daily bone tests and report on yield performance.
- Provide assistance to Yield Analysts and Production Teams as needed.
- Educate Management and team members on our yield performance and help identify where improvement are needed.
- Take an active role in driving performance improvements.
Working Conditions: 90% Production Floor and 10% Office Environment
Key Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knife skills and Wizard Knife operation is a must
- Entry level skills in Excel required
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and ask questions as needed
- 2-3 years of meat business experience is preferred
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have good mathematical skills
- Must have above average skills with ten key
- Must be able to recognized yield grades
- Must be able to occasionally push beef off scale
- Must be able to work in an environment with freezing temperatures and slick floors
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some Saturdays