Maintenance Supervisor - 1st Shift ($1500 signing bonus!)
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Maintenance Supervisor will direct maintenance crews in the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of equipment used throughout the plant, utilities and powerhouse equipment. Oversees maintenance of processes in order to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flows and production lines running at maximum efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties as assigned
- Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures
- Leads teams of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair
- Troubleshoot/repair equipment, plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and assist in providing appropriate resolutions
- Develop and implement day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation.
- Ensure maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and work closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function
- Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with USDA regulations
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory
- Work side by side with maintenance personnel
- Reports directly to Maintenance Manager
- High School diploma or GED and 2+ years of Maintenance, Maintenance Supervision or Process/Project Management experience required
- Previous experience with ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boiler, compressed air, mechanical and electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling, preferred
- Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation)
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good planning and priority setting skills
- Be Safety Minded
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
- May be required to cover other maintenance personnel at the two Council Bluffs facilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.