SAFETY ASSISTANT MANAGER B SHIFT
Previous experience with safety and health issues. Extensive experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge in the application of government regulations in regard to general, chemical and explosives safety. Able to communicate with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Inspects all operations being performed on a daily basis, such as production, plant maintenance, and storage of material, for compliance with company and government regulations.
- Inspects all fire extinguishers that are installed on a regular monthly schedule; inspect stretchers, emergency lights, chemical storage and Haz-Mat equipment.
- Writes reports implementing the safety program, trains employees, inspects the facility for adequate fire protection, and ensures that all equipment is in good working condition.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Corrects working conditions, using knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, psychology, and safety standards; develops loss control programs; and devises methods to evaluate safety programs.
- Responsible for and makes recommendations for compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Escorts employees of all agencies conducting safety, fire and physical security audits of the facility.
- Assesses new developments in the health and safety field that may have application to the company’s operations.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
- Promotes and encourages participation in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Assist supervisors in immediately investigation all injury accidents and near miss accidents during 2nd shift and report findings to the Safety Manager.
- Conduct noise surveys.
- Perform other duties or tasks as needed or assigned by the Safety Manager