ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: 1. Assume responsibility for the effective and accurate performance of assigned clerical and purchasing related functions for the facility as detailed below.
a. Order, check and expedite purchases of MRP, (operations) parts,
products, and equipment, dry goods, and supplies. Ensure the products
received are consistent with the quantities, prices, and delivery dates as
b. Verify purchase orders and invoices are correct.
c. Monitor inventory levels to place appropriate orders for the demands of
d. Responsible for maintaining pre-established MRP, supplies, and dry
goods inventory levels including safety stock.
e. As directed by the purchasing manager, research, locate vendors,
request bids, and submit to the purchasing manager.
f. Maintain current and historical cost data for all purchased items.
g. Ensure that vendors have supplied all quality related documentation
and that pre-established quality standards are communicated for all
h. Update and maintain current vendor part numbers and pricing in the
i. Complete and maintain all records including purchase and capital
expense requisitions, purchase orders, receiving reports, and related
purchasing paperwork. Maintains purchasing files.
j. Monitor and resolve purchasing issues or discrepancies and reports to
2. Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional
business relations with vendors.
a. Obtain and convey information for courteously and promptly.
b. Maintain and project the Company’s professional reputation
3. Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining good
communication, coordination, and working relations with Company
Personnel and Management.
a. Interface with research and development, vendors, and production on
new products and parts and report details to purchasing manager.
b. Notify the Supply Chain Manager or, if unavailable the plant manager
immediately with and purchasing issues or discrepancies that affect the
production plan for the current day/week.
c. Interface with production personnel.
d. Disseminate information to fellow workers and assists are personnel as
e. Keep departments advised of key changes of schedule in materials due.
f. Keep the purchasing manager informed of area activities and of any
significant issues. Provide suggestions for improved policies and
g. Attend meetings as required.
4. Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Complete special projects as assigned.
▪ High School Diploma or equivalent certification
▪ Ability to speak, read, and write English
▪ Good verbal and written communication skills
▪ Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
▪ Good math skills
▪ Familiarity with ERP systems. MRP experience a plus
▪ Must be well-organized with good attention to detail
▪ Display strong work ethic and positive attitude
▪ Adaptable and dependable with ability to follow direction and work
cooperation with others
▪ Must maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
▪ Ability to apply logic and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved,
instructions and to deal with problems involving a few different variables.
ACTIVITIES: Sedentary office work, sitting for long hours
HEARING: Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary
REPETITIVE MOTION: Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers
Empire is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage;
- Competitive time off plans, including paid sick leave and paid vacation;
- 401(k) match of up to 50% on the first 4% of contributions;
- Base salary range of $42,205 - $52,785