Position: Purchasing supervisor
Position at JBS Souderton, Pennsylvania
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for new and existing production materials.
- Identify and develop qualified suppliers which meet company standards.
- Control the cost of purchased materials within budget and generate cost reduction action plans.
- Maintain and support company objectives for cost reduction, inventory turns and on-time delivery.
- Place purchase orders to meet production schedules, while maintaining good supplier relationships and maintaining cost control.
- Manage all aspects of the Purchasing Department. Includes direct reports in the parts cage and receiving.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Manage inventory levels and purchase as required
- Negotiate pricing and contracts
- Make recommendations to management for cost saving strategies
- Develop, maintain and improve supplier relationships
- Locate alternative suppliers, products and services
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Daily checks of critical inventory.
- 5+ Years of purchasing or sourcing in a manufacturing environment, preferably purchasing of multiple commodities.
- Strong negotiation skill with specified expertise in the procurement of raw material to finished products.
- Strong management of global vendors.
- SAP experience.
- SCM or CPIM is a plus.
- Must have good inter-personal skills, and the ability to multi task with working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent MS Office skills required with the emphasis on excel.
- This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. EOE
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Organized, confident and professional
- Knowledge of machine parts and supply a plus