Graphic Designer: Print and Digital – Branding
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
This position functions within a team framework to efficiently design and produce materials for printing, display or publication (physically and virtually) that enhances the overall images of and supports annual marketing plans for the company and its multiple brands. The Graphic Designer provides design and production expertise in the implementation of a diverse spectrum of materials. Tasks are diverse and often time-sensitive, requiring good project/time management skills and a high degree of creative-thinking and collaboration.
- Works closely with brand managers to determine project needs, objectives and most cost-effective solutions.
- Designs and develops packages (including labels) from concept to production, including comp packages for presentations.
- Designs a wide range of visual aids/materials to support marketing needs. This involves design and production of graphics materials for advertising, media and communication purposes.
- Effectively communicate product/brand statements/features through design/copy.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of current graphics design software to execute assigned projects.
- Works with design, advertising and promotional agencies as needed to jointly execute projects.
- Develops and manages the creative platform and standards for the company and its brands—working in collaboration with company/brand identity managers and external agencies.
- Enforces the established company and brand standards and style guidelines to maintain the integrity of the company and brand logos/identities in all projects.
- Communicates and collaborates with project managers/photographers before, during and post shoot to ensure objectives and standards of quality are being met.
- Build creative content utilizing internal and external sources.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain websites.
- Create web and social media content and a schedule for publishing if needed.
- Document functional requirements for systems and processes.
- Understand customer needs and quantify appropriate actions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years related experience required.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of hands-on experience in creating & maintaining web based applications, including working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures such as HTML and knowledge of Wordpress and Drupal.
- A degree in Design, Arts, and/or Graphic Design.
- Complete understanding of design to print process.
- Package Design and production experience highly desired.
- Adaptable to new developments in graphic design and publishing software.
- Highly organized; able to maintain and manage digital assets and finished files.
- Ability to work independently and/or with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem-solving skills; ability to devise imaginative solutions to challenges.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; works well with internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop.
- Good technical knowledge of design hardware and systems.