UTILITY WORKER - RETAIL 1 DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for department set-up and breakdown of equipment, supplies and product at beginning and end of shifts.
- Assists in maintaining the smooth operation of the department by gathering, distributing and monitoring department supplies to support the production schedule.
- Through communication with the Process Leads and the Station Mechanics, helps maintain production equipment as needed to ensure product quality and quantity are being met.
- Maintain proper product temperature while scaling, moving, recording and storing product and supplies.
- Assists in maintaining the production area for cleanliness in accordance with company SSOP standards.
- Through communication with Process Control and Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed.
- Assists with paperwork as needed.
- Assists shipping with box turning as needed.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School or GED is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove-It test
- Ability to pass a POET test
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
- Skill in making departmental decisions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of department operations
- Ability to obtain a valid pallet jack license