CONSUMER RELATIONS MANAGER
Consumer Relations Manager
The Consumer Relations Manager role is to provide world class customer service by leading and actively participating in a team that provides accurate information in a timely manner to our consumers, customers, internal staff (corporate and plant), and other relevant parties. This includes but is not limited to formalized responses to inquiries and complaints. This role will work interdependently with corporate and plant management teams following pre-defined and standardized procedures to fulfill all inbound requests for information leading to comprehensive resolutions.
- Direct the daily operations of the Consumer Relations team by planning, prioritizing, and delegating work tasks.
- Manage a Consumer Relations staff of 2-3 hourly team members (staggered shift hours) that serve as the company’s primary call center handling product inquiries and customer complaints.
- Liaise with company sales management to support and implement customer service strategies.
- Define, communicate, and continuously improve the department’s customer service standards, policies, and procedures.
- Strategically identify, coordinate, and manage consumer relations projects and initiatives.
- Serve as the primary contact for all USDA recalls.
- Facilitate crisis management plans (ex. ad-hoc analysis, hire temp staff, schedule additional shifts) during critical events.
- Focus on and personally assist in the management of critical complaints by collecting and reacting to pertinent information.
- Escalate critical complaints through proper path(s), trigger investigation process, and continually facilitate communication in order to provide full resolution.
- Assist 3rd party Claims group with investigation and resolution to complaints where payment for damages is requested.
- Evaluate complaints and info requests for accuracy and completeness.
- Measure and track the time to effectively resolve all customer complaints and information requests.
- Ensure relevant information discussed during inbound calls is properly documented in the company’s complaint database ensuring compliance with customer service level agreements.
- Must be on call during high call volume or critical events.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends to meet deadlines.
- Travel 1-2 weeks out of the year with overnight stays of 2-5 days.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere, exhibiting company values which in turn facilitates a productive team environment.
- Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits. Recognizes and responds to incidents and safety risks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five (5) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Customer service experience and in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Experience managing a call center (including supervision and management of a team) preferred.
- Advanced conflict resolution skills which create and foster strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Analytical thinker with an effective and organized approach to customer service and process/data management.
- Ability to understand the relationships and needs of all functional areas of the business.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; SAP experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver who identifies issues within processes and designs/implements realistic solutions.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $51,712.50 - $67,200
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity