SAFETY SUPERVISOR_ B SHIFT
- Maintain, implement and provide guidance on federal and state regulations covering hazardous chemical communication (HazCom), confined space entry, personal protective equipment, Lockout Tag-out, electrical safety, emergency action including Hazmat, fire prevention, industrial hygiene, machine guarding, materials handling and storage, ladders and stairways, powered industrial trucks, welding and cutting, and fall protection.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Assist in new employee orientation training and annual safety training.
- Assist supervisors in immediately investigation all injury accidents and near miss accidents during 2nd shift and report findings to the Safety Manager.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements.
- Participate in the development of safety guidelines and related health and safety communications and educational information.
- Facilitate ergonomic/safety committees as requested.
- Perform other duties or tasks as needed or assigned by the Safety Manager.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field. Previous experience with safety and health issues. Experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge in the application of government regulations in regard to general, chemical and construction safety. Able to communicate with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Systems knowledge (MS Office, Outlook).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.