POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for checking and receiving all inbound goods, materials and supplies shipped via freight or overnight service, delivering received goods to the designated location for each item received, and working with Procurement to process vendor invoices for payment.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Receive all inbound materials and supplies
- Deliver all of the received materials and supplies to correct location
- Works with procurement to process vendor invoices for payment
- Other duties as required by management..
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Six months receiving experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Computer knowledge and experience is required, SAP knowledge and experience is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Valid forklift and pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license
- Ability to operate a pick-up truck and possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.