Job Title: Shipping Supervisor
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
- Supervise employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Supervise employees who count, weigh, and identify items in receiving and shipping department.
- Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lay out position of shipment.
- Determine routing and legal load limits of trucks according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications. Seal loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notify maintenance personnel or outside service facility for repair.
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compile records of unfilled orders.
- Post weight and shipping charges. Prepare bills of lading.
- Provide supervision, training, scheduling, and guidance to shipping personnel.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and yearly inventory to ensure compliance within plant specifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required; college or technical degree preferred; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar; meat experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead, engage and motivate individuals and/or teams.
- Proficient computer skills required; SAP, inventory management software and Kronos knowledge preferred
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Plant working environment
- Food manufacturing operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.