TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR
Job Title: Training & Development Supervisor
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
This position will function as a leader within the organization by:
- Developing and implementing all training needs for the company.
- Evaluate and implement process change.
- Provide decision support.
This position will conduct analyses of existing processes, develop and analyze alternatives to develop a set of recommendations, assist managers at the departmental and executive levels with implementing changes and streamlining required processes. This position will also assist the Operational Excellence and Human Resources teams with duties as assigned.
This position will spend the majority of the time on the floor and working closely with the operation teams focusing on the core of our business.
This position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager and will have dotted line reporting to the organizational development director.
- Training for production team members shall include but not be limited to: policy and procedure orientation, job skills related to specific job assignment, food, plant and personal safety, teamwork skills and performance enhancement training.
- Training for management team members shall include but not be limited to: policy and procedure orientation, food, plant and personal safety, communication and teamwork skills, team member development and performance review procedures.
- Process Improvement: perform full operational reviews of processes. Collects required data, and analyzes it using the appropriate methodology and tools in order to make and support any recommendations for process improvement.
- Data Collection: conducts direct observation, interviews team members and reviews existing documentation. Performs time studies and measures workload. Connects to databases and writes queries to extract required data.
- Analysis: performs all analysis required to support recommendations. Work with the industrial engineering, operations team closely for feedback and input.
- Decision Support: provides long and short-term decision support to all levels of the organization. Use data to satisfy the decision support request. Develops, evaluates, prioritizes and presents any recommendations to the appropriate decision maker.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to assist with any duties. This position is expected to train and cover the HR management team when needed.
- Spend at least 50% of their daily time on the floor working closely with our operation team and focusing on the core of our business.
- High school diploma required. College degree is preferred.
- 5+ of management experience in training and delivery experience or human resources in manufacturing preferred.
- proven safety and attendance record along with strong management skills
- 5+ years of production experience required
Minimum Competency Requirements:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated experience in training delivery either in a one-on-one or group environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms and to successfully convey concepts, processes, and procedures.
- The skills to relate successfully to a wide range of audiences, including plant personnel, management, and executive levels.
- Display sound judgment, leadership, organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proven ability to effectively mentor trainees one-on-one and train small or large groups.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations, and/or manage database information is a plus.
- Bilingual highly preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area