IT ANALYST III
Job Title: IT Support Technician III
Location: Columbia, MO
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods (SPF) is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. SPF was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination – Simplicity – Availability – Humility – Sincerity – Discipline – Ownership
This position will provide the plant/facility IT services from an on-site perspective. While the bulk of the infrastructure and systems are managed remotely, there is still a huge requirement for IT personnel to troubleshoot issues that arise anywhere at the location. Today, the issues run the gamut from connectivity problems in the plant to hardware issues in the office area to basic and routine user support incidents. Oftentimes, the ability to troubleshoot or address a problem is rendered ineffective by the sheer number of variables that only an on-site resource can identify. This position must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of associates within the facility and acquire a deep and intimate knowledge of the systems that serve the company and support the business. This role also will provide the unique opportunity to participate in the construction from the ground up of a state-of-the-art production facility. There is an expectation that this individual will also help manage the coordination of installation activities from multiple vendors as well as the continued construction of the facility.
- Support and manage all computer/network components including servers, switches, cabling and desktop systems at assigned locations.
- Program Cisco Switches for Local Area Network.
- Document Local Area Network at assigned location(s).
- Document and maintain “Standard Operating Procedures” for site specific technologies in use at the facility.
- Fundamental understanding of VLANS.
- Work with end users and propose new hardware and software solutions to support the business.
- Test all hardware and software modifications before they are introduced into production.
- Provide hardware and software diagnostics for network, hardware and software issues.
- Manage technology projects in compliance with IT standards.
- Provide hardware and network support for “Production Floor” computer systems.
- Support all printer functions at assigned locations.
- Monitor help desk tickets and resolve as quickly as possible with the goal of achieving a 3.5 or greater on the quarterly IT survey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions:
- Three years related experience
- Working/troubleshooting knowledge of Windows /2008/2012 Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Office 2010, 2013 & 2016.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of Citrix desktop / client
- Must have knowledge of Cisco Switch configurations and troubleshooting
- Must have knowledge of Network cabling and connectivity
- MCSE Certification is a plus; not required
- A+ Certification is a plus; not required
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have strong customer support abilities
- Must be willing to work in a plant / industrial environment
- Must be willing to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Lifting of equipment not in excess of 50lbs
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing operations
High School Diploma/GED; Associates degree or two years of college coursework within specific subject related to position functions.