Reporting to the Rendering Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Scheduler is responsible for scheduling all non-breakdown work on the rendering site. Utilizing the maintenance schedule available for equipment and working with the production supervisor’s schedules work following priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads and production supervisors on a daily basis on work that needs to get done that day, or on the weekend.
- Assigns work based on the equipment availability schedule and give the work orders to the rendering maintenance supervisors for the tasks to be performed on that day.
- Orders parts for all jobs that we do not have the parts in stock to carry out.
- Visits every work request that crosses their desk to determine schedule, and parts needs.
- Reviews the backlog report on a daily basis and is working with the maintenance supervisors that we are prioritizing properly.
- Turns work requests into work orders.
- Run weekly printout of all pms for the upcoming week.
- Assigns pm tasks and tracks the pm work orders that are open that need to be a priority.
- Monitors the downtime report and determines if we need to look at the frequency of pm on a certain piece of equipment.
- Maintains a daily report of critical work that has yet to be scheduled.
- Visits each department head daily and goes through the open work and determines if something should be moved up on the priority list. Ex Continuous, Filter room, WWTP, Hide and then schedules said work accordingly.
- No work order to be given to a maintenance supervisor unless all parts are on hand to carry out the task.