FSQA TECHNICIAN - NIGHTS
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing physical and visual inspections of product and plant systems, documenting and calculating results accurately, taking corrective action when necessary (follow control plans, alert appropriate personnel to adjust process, identify, segregate and isolate non-conforming product) and reporting results to management. Duties are primarily performed in a production environment out on the plant floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Perform food safety, regulatory and quality verification activities (such as routine inspections, documenting necessary information, inspecting/overseeing team members for proper plant procedures and policies, data collecting and record keeping activities)
- Participate in team and company events to promote our company mission and values.
- Continuously improve technical skills, critical thinking, risk assessment skills in food safety, regulatory, and/or quality.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High School diploma/GED required. Associates degree in technical area (lab, micro, chemistry, quality) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment
- Must be proficient at using multiple software applications such as personal computer skills including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unknowns in situations
- Good math and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret procedures, specifications, and other documents
- Ability to interpret and closely follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must function well under stress and possess strong interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with supervisors and/or respective personnel regarding production status and problems encountered
- Willingness to travel to other Pilgrims locations as needed.
- Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.