At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The candidate must be able to select correct wire thickness for respective demand in compliance with NEC and UL codes, based on load calculations. Identify electric and electronic components as needed to achieve a cost effective option or solution to a particular product or problem. Must be able to cost effectively develop and lead a team to develop functional descriptions, wiring schematics, design layouts, electrical diagrams and determine and identify product specifications that meet the cost effective requirements for a specific purpose – in particular the poultry support equipment industry
- Have a thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes
- Understand and apply concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, conduit fill, etc.
- Arc Flash calculation experience, beneficial but not required
- Work with outside contractors and engineering firms to ensure that the plans, specifications and bid documents meet Pilgrim’s requirements and safety standards
- Competent in AutoCAD
- Edit electrical specifications
- Comprehend one-line diagrams with limited input from Engineers and documentation.
- Solve installation problems with electrical systems, travel to the site to resolve issues.
- Review calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot power and controls issues remotely
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or related field
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years working experience in an industrial environment, preferably poultry or other food processing facility in a sanitary and wash down environement
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work different shifts as needed
- Ability to travel as needed