Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly production team! Positions start at $18.13/hour, plus $1.50/Hour Shift Differential. We are also offering a $3000 New Hire Bonus!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
5 Days Paid Time Off after 30 Days of employment
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of production centered tasks to support the production of value added poultry products. This position is intended to increase skills in preparation for advancement into posted positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Learn and train to back up duties for Operators, Marinator (04), Data Den Analyst, and Covering Breaks.
2. Fill in and cover duties for Operators, Marinator (04), Data Den, and Covering Breaks when people are absent or on PTO.
3. Participate in job correlations/audits and SOP reviews and revisions.
4. Communicate real time results to processing support on the floor.
5. Through communication with Process Control and Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed
6. May be asked to rotate to positions that require data collecting and recordkeeping
7. Rotation between tasks and departments may be required.
Other duties include the following:
8. Follows all work safety policies/guidelines.
9. Processes product using tools and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s
product standards and procedures.
10. Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety
11. Maintains a clean and organized work area.
12. Processes product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· High School or GED is strongly preferred
· Minimum of 6 months’ work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to become authorized in LOTO, pallet jack, and become a certified trainer
· Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
· Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
· Basic data entry skills preferred
· Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities such as taking action independently, correct processes that have fallen out of control, problem solving issues, etc.
· To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.