Job Title: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Department: Refrigeration Maintenance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining refrigeration equipment and plant utilities such as boilers, air compressors, pumps, motors, valves, etc.
- Document daily activities pertaining to repairs and awareness of potential problems, as well as maintaining all necessary paperwork associated with the PSM program.
- Perform PM’s of compressors, boilers, air compressors, valves, etc.
- Communicating with Maintenance Management or fellow workers to provide information on production. This information can be exchanged face-to-face, in writing, or via telephone/electronic transfer.
- Maintaining neat and orderly work area using hand tools.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Be available for weekend work and/or additional shift work.
- Use required PPE and follow all safety guidelines of the Company.
Skills & knowledge needed for the effective performance of essential job functions:
- Must have one (1) or more year of verifiable ammonia refrigeration experience.
- RETA Certification or equivalent technical training is a plus.
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Able to use required tools/equipment for maintaining and repairing ammonia refrigeration system(s) and utilities.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics and blue prints as they pertain to the plant ammonia system(s).
- Able to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with screw and reciprocating compressors, Cornell recirculation pumps, HVAC units, boilers, air compressors, and associated control systems.
- Must be willing and able to acquire Hazmat Responder Certification and be an active part of the Hazmat Response Team. This includes HAZWOPER training and Certification.
- Pass a respiratory physical and wear required PPE (respirator).
- Able to climb stairs and ladders daily.
- Good eye sight (with or without corrective lens).
- Able to work at variable heights (up to 50 ft.).
- Able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. in weight.
- Variable conditions if working out of doors. Inside facility cold and wet.