JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members.
We are seeking candidates for an Expense Manager based in Colorado for our Empire Packing Company.
- Coordinate the effort to identify cost savings improvement ideas. Track the actual performances of these savings. Partners with the local plant management teams, divisional team for cost savings ideas, track performance.
- Responsible for coordinating the budgeting process.
- Prepares, reports actual vs. budget results on monthly and quarterly presentations.
- Attend meetings as scheduled and called; prepared to discuss and summarize plant expenses, evaluate increases or decreases in costs, and detail plans for expense reductions
- Analyze reports; solicits, develop, and tests recommendations for decreasing costs.
- Work closely with entire plant management and staff to continually drive the recommended cost reductions into the P&L reporting.
- Set plant goals regarding expenses including setting the budgets for the next fiscal year.
- Develops, installs and maintains cost-effective methods of manufacturing and fair and equitable labor standards using predetermined time standard software.
- Selects appropriate work measurement techniques.
- Measures variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons, and suggests solutions, installs, and follows up.
- Completes daily labor efficiency report.
- Keeps abreast to the trend of technology, investigates & installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive advantage at all times.
- Participates in initiation of new production lines to assist in design for cost-effective manufacturing.
- Prepares detailed layouts of plant facilities to optimize utilization and product flow.
- Management of packaging expenses in addition to labor management and expense management.
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of directly related experience required
- Previous experience with cost analysis
- Knowledge of industrial engineering principles
- Knowledge of food industry beneficial
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Multi-tasking and working well with others
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- SAP knowledge recommended
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office
- Able to work all three shifts
- Able to communicate verbally and printed word in English
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range: $99,000- $136,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.