JBS CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - PART TIME
JBS Career Development Program
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: JBS is seeking candidates for a part-time Financial Services Career Development role at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO. The intent of this position is to provide a year-round, entry-level position to currently enrolled college students on our Corporate A/P and A/R teams. This is an exciting, year-round opportunity for candidates who excel in a busy, achievement-oriented environment and obtain relevant work experience that can lead to long-term placement with JBS. School credit may be available.
- Perform three-way match controls to approve payment orders
- Address problems in the payment processes with our purchase area and business locations across the US
- Maintain SOX compliance documentation backup in SAP
- Manage daily application of deposit incomes to the respective customer account balances
- Create international wire log files to allow cash application
- Keep both Vendor and Customer master data updated in our system (including bill to and ship to information, micro code details, contract terms and legal documentation)
- Actively connect with the collection team to track remittance information for the cash application process
- Access customer’s portals to research payment information status and create reports for the upper management and business meetings
- Input adjustments into financial systems
- Participation in process improvement discussions and meetings
- Rotation between various roles in the department
- Preferred availability is 4 hours per day, a total of 20 hours per week. Hours must be scheduled Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, year-round.
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Actively pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. Accounting, Finance, or Business degree preferred.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully work under strict deadlines
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- Base salary range of $16.50/hr
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity