Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are seeking candidates for an Internal Auditor role. This position based in Greeley, Colorado is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit team in performing internal audits, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and other projects as assigned. Audits are performed to assess the risk over the internal control environment, compliance with corporate policies, assess controls across the company, and to identify operational efficiency. This position will contribute to SOX testing efforts, including documentation of process walkthroughs, internal control testing, and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls.
- Participate in company audits using a “Risk Based Methodology”
- Be a contributor to the on-going success of the SOX program at Pilgrim’s Pride.
- Work with external auditors as directed
- Present audit results to all levels in the organization, as required.
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed.
- Assist others in the department, as required, to prepare for meetings and presentations, including data gathering and preparation of materials.
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor and a strong team player.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience of full-time internal / external auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures and preparing audit reports; risk-based auditing experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of SOX testing preferred
- Prior external and/or internal audit experience
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Must be capable of achieving a high degree of accuracy while multi-tasking
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment where the tasks and priorities change rapidly
- Individual should be capable of working with minimal supervision and be self-motivated, when necessary
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team working to accomplish corporate audit objectives and while exhibiting company values in all aspects of work
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time