HEAD OF GROWTH AND ENGINEERING
Head of Growth & Engineering
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Head of Growth & Engineering will provide leadership and strategic guidance related to adherence and continuous improvement of Pilgrim’s established maintenance practices and capable of building new facilities. This includes development of BU level directors and managers to achieve overall departmental goals aligned with the company.
- Communicate and demonstrate Company’s Vision, Strategy, and Methods
- Execute and monitor effectiveness of Company’s established maintenance processes, revising as necessary.
- Understand all business units.
- Work with BU Leaders to meet customer needs.
- Examine and evaluate direct reports’ BU performance relative to maintenance and provide guidance on strategy to improve
- Develop, track, and report corporate KPI’s that result in company’s success.
- Provide recommendations to reduce cost
- Ensure maintenance teams comply with established corporate policies associated with ethics and compliance
- Lead the corporate team to develop a culture that attracts and retains high performing team members
- Conduct performance reviews and establish development plans to grow direct reports
- Collaborate with other corporate departments to drive overall operational and performance improvement.
- Negotiate deals with city state and local groups to facilitate work.
- Manage a budget.
- Recruit and develop future maintenance managers in maintenance processes.
- Understand blueprints enough to make recommendations to improve flow and reduce labor.
- Develop annual maintenance budget best practices with BU’s; assist teams in achieving targets
- Drive continuous improvement with corporate maintenance training program and ensure safety training compliance through the program
- Assist Head of Engineering with strategic initiatives for the benefit of company growth
- Safety: Implements and enforces Company safety policy
- Training: Ensures adequate staff training and documentation thereof, in line with Company policies
- Quality System Compliance: Ensures that the requirements of the Quality System, The Medical Device Directive (EU), the Quality System Regulation (US FDA), and other relevant standards are fulfilled by the Corporate maintenance team
- 8+ years engineering/maintenance experience in the poultry processing and/or food manufacturing, machinery fabrication industry, with 5 years at management level, preferably regional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL!
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. In lieu of applicable degree, applicable job experience will be considered.