LEAD PAYROLL SPECIALIST
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Payroll Specialist needed in the payroll department on a full-time basis for 40 hours per week located in Greeley, CO. Hours are flexible between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Assist in processing payroll runs biweekly in Kronos
- Editing timecards in Kronos
- Assist in processing payroll runs weekly in SAP
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters
- Enter records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Coordinate and process any off cycle payments
- Enter correcting items from error report from pay card and bank returns
- payroll tasks as assign by supervisor/manager
- Assist with governmental/compliance reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Kronos knowledge preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Strong 10-Key data entry skills required
- 2 years of experience in similar role
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Windows applications
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels
- Highly organized and dependable
- Self-starter and proactive
- High School diploma or GED required
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk, generally up to 7 hours per day and occasionally standing and walking. The repetitive motion using hands with constant keyboarding and physical use of vision to read computer monitors and paper documents. Regularly required to use hands to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine). Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Pay range of $20-22/hr;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.