Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location: Elkhart, IN
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think big, dream big and work to make big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Our Company is in search of an experienced Payroll Specialist/HR Coordinator who will be responsible for applying business knowledge, human resources practices and payroll expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the plant by maintaining the payroll function and supporting leadership and hourly employees on HR related matters.
- Coordinate and supervise pre-operation examination, when applicable. Examine and verify cleanliness and sanitation of equipment and facilities
- Complete paperwork daily, including payroll, mail, inspections, etc.
- Resolve problems and issues with products and employees as they arise
- Communicate frequently with USDA inspectors regarding product, employees, safety, etc.
- Ensure compliance to HACCP plan for all products
- Establish and maintain shelf-life requirements, finished product specifications, leaker testing, formulation weights, temperatures, and other necessary standards
- Coordinate and participate in product displays for tours and other events
- Direct, motivate, and monitor Q.A. employees. Conduct interviews and hire new employees; evaluate performance of current employees
- Conduct sampling of finished product and raw materials for bacteria
- Monitor and ensure proper procedures, safety, and cleanliness of production employees
- Ensure completion of all QA duties
- Test new equipment for quality aspects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work 40+ hours per week in production areas. Exposed to all hazards present, including slippery floors, machinery, noise, extreme temperature variations, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar
- College diploma or University degree; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of QA and production jobs, and in supervisory positions
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills; ability to handle conflict
- Excellent communication skills with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Manage multiple priorities and dynamic deadlines, Flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment, efficient time management and communication
- High learner, ability to be agile
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
Oversee a team of Quality Assurance Technicians
Interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.