SAFETY & HEALTH SPECIALIST
This Person will be responsible for providing assistance (develop policies/procedures, conduct safety audits and inspections, perform training, administer Safety programs, etc.) to the safety and health efforts of the Operations as directed by the Complex Safety and Health Manager.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to the following fundamental job duties:
1. Help identify and anticipate safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions; assessing new equipment and procedures; investigating violations and recommending preventive programs.
2. Guides and promotes safe work performance by developing safety systems, policies, and procedures and training managers and employees.
3. Complies with Federal, State and Local safety regulations by studying existing and new legislation; interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations and advising management on needed actions.
4. Enforces safety policies by conducting audits; reporting statistics and counseling managers and employees.
5. Promotes a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with plant Managers, Supervisors, and Partners.
6. Maintains safety information database by developing information requirements and maintaining an information system.
7. Maintains safety staff by helping Safety Manager recruit, select, orient, schedule and training new Safety employees.
8. Maintains safety staff job results by coaching and counseling employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
10. Contributes to corporate safety team projects and activities.
11. Assists the Safety Manager maintain and provide Management, Supervisors and employees with information on all government safety regulations and changes to procedures that have an impact on our environment and their jobs.
Bachelor’s Degree in industrial safety, industrial hygiene, safety engineering or related experience in the field preferred. 0-2 years of experience. Must be capable of managing multiple tasks effectively, as well as posses the knowledge of applying applicable OSHA regulations. Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.