BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
JBS is looking for an experienced Business Development professional for our Trade Department to help drive sales in our natural beef product line.
- Identify and target accounts for natural beef in retail, foodservice and wholesale/distribution channels nation wide
- Utilize a variety of quantitative and qualitative resources to analyze channels to funnel opportunities into high return prospects
- Work collaboratively with account managers to stage presentations and materials for sales pitches to prospective accounts.
- Responsible for KPIs and targets for new account generation and sales
- Report to stakeholders on progress against business development plans
- Investigate all opportunities to attain new business including value adding, portion control, case ready
- Extensive travel required 75%
- Ability to work under pressure and independently create opportunities without direct supervision
- Location flexible, must have access to a major airport.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or sales in food
- Experience in the natural meat segment preferred
- Experience in the use of channel data such as IRi
- Knowledge of agricultural supply systems, and perishable commodities
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Must be competent in preparing presentation materials
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Agriculture and or Marketing or suitable experience
- Technical meat knowledge preferred