At Planterra Foods, we believe our planet is filled with delicious ideas. Leveraging the resources of our investor, JBS USA Food Company, we aspire to change the future of protein by giving people more flavorful, plant-based choices. Our goal is to delight people from vegans to flexitarians to meat-eaters by giving them more delicious plant-based protein choices, like our first brand OZO™.
We are building our team and looking for an on-site Category Manager at our corporate office in Lafayette, CO who will help us create the best plant-based protein company in the world.
- Develop and commercialize Category Management strategy, guidelines, tools and processes to meet business objectives across the Planterra portfolio, driving toward category leadership/influence with key customers
- Leverage customer, industry, market and competitive information to develop insights, thought leadership and solutions-based sales presentations
- Utilize understanding of market dynamics, consumer, category and shopper trends to deliver fact-based insights to aid in Planterra's strategic direction, identify opportunities at the retailer level and educate the Sales team
- Collaborate with Sales to drive profitable sales for the category and Planterra
- Collaborate with Insights/Sales/Marketing to proactively recommend changes to data provider relationships (POS, panel, etc.)
- Lead and present optimized assortment and shelving recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field, directly related work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience closely related to Category Management
- Working knowledge and understanding of syndicated datasets and data mining principles, especially Nielsen AOD and 8451/household panel data
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office), especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong collaborative skills/ability to interact effectively with external customers and internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, etc.)
- Strong ability to interpret market data into tangible consumer/shopper behavior stories
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple projects in the same time frame
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, 6 paid holidays
- Base salary range of $90-120k
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug (including marijuana), alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.