FLOATING MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
GENERAL SUMMARY: Floating Maintenance Supervisor
This position is responsible for leading the hourly maintenance team members and responsible for overall plant maintenance including: scheduling, planning, prioritizing work, purchasing, employee supervision, training and development.
- Ensures that all aspects of the company safety policy and procedures are adhered to in the direct and indirect areas of the plant
- Ensures that all aspects of the food safety, HAACP and Government programs are adhered to with emphasis on the continue compliance to these programs
- Directs assigned employees in the performance of approved maintenance work
- Advises superiors and other appropriate members of the maintenance department of equipment failure or items requiring maintenance
- Ensures the production department receive the prompt, efficient, and quality service required to operate at maximum efficiency
- To assure accurate reporting and distribution of maintenance man hours
- Reduce production downtime due to mechanical failure or maintenance problems
- Execution of all maintenance and assigned work in his/her area in the plant
- Directs the activities of a group of mechanics assigned
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of all labor & resources under supervision
- Working with Machine specific vendors and contractors to maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Work 40+ hours per week on production floor, including weekend work and rotating shifts as needed.
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objectives (knives), machinery, and vehicles.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years background experience in general industrial maintenance
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must have background knowledge in hydraulic, welding and some PLC training
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to prioritize activities. Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
- Strong computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, team building and good communication skill
- Previous supervisory experience
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer