- Minimum of High School diploma, GED or equivalent with technical skill training in the mechanical area
- Minimum of 3-5 years background experience in general industrial maintenance.
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must have background knowledge in electrical, hydraulic, welding and some PLC training
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ensures that all aspects of the company safety policy and procedures are adhered to in the direct and indirect areas of the plant.
- Ensures that all aspects of the food safety, HAACP and Government programs are adhered to with emphasis on the continue compliance to these programs.
- Directs assigned employees in the performance of approved maintenance work.
- Works closely with schedule/planner on all assigned work schedules.
- Advises superiors and other appropriate members of the engineering department of equipment failure or items requiring maintenance.
- Ensures the production departments receive the prompt, efficient, and quality service required to operate at maximum efficiency.
- To assure accurate reporting and distribution of maintenance man hours.
- Reduce production downtime due to mechanical failure or maintenance problems.
- Execution of all maintenance and assigned work in his/her area in the plant.
- Directs the activities of a group of mechanics assigned.
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of all labor & resources under supervision.
- Any other duties as reasonably associated with the above duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply at jobs.jbssa.com/apply.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.