Raw Material Planning & Procurement Leader
The main responsibility of this role is to manage raw material procurement program to guarantee availability of raw material to meet sales demand, maximize profitability, and drive efficiency in the production plant by working closely with JBS facilities, Supply Chain and Production teams.
- Work with JBS Beef team to secure needed raw material for WFF Production. Identify alternative raw material codes that can be used in cases where primary raw material is not available
- Develop appropriate raw material forecasts and blocks in order to assure adequate fill rate to WFF Case Ready plants
- Oversee and lead the seasonal/opportunity buying programs for WFF. Work closely with pricing and sales team to identify key times to purchase raw material
- Identify immediate/short term opportunities in cuts and programs that could optimize margins for the business
- Work closely with JBS analytics & marketing teams to ensure that assortment mix is optimized for every region
- Oversee the development of WFF raw material codes to help WFF Case Ready facilities optimize yields, and gain efficiencies in production
- Optimize matrix of sourcing of raw materials considering supplying plant efficiency in delivering raw materials according to specs and logistics.
- Work closely with Supply Chain team and plant Schedulers to meet sales demand and manage out-of-stocks according to plant capacity and capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement in the meat-packing industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Culinary experience a plus.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Must have strong understanding of the meat-packing industry fundamentals and production plant processes
- Must have a strong planning and purchasing skills
- Love to Cook & Love to Eat with a passion for sharing expertise throughout organization
- Must be able to work effectively with others and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.
- Must possess intermediate to strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE