LIVE RECEIVER - DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- The Live Receiving Worker will rotate within the department. Rotation could include but not limited to live hang, loading and unloading drawers, forklift driver and backup to the finishing machine.
- Back-up the finishing machine to ensure all birds meet Animal Welfare standards
- Inserts drawers at required rate.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload drawers of birds off the shuttle trucks
- Keep work area clean and picked up at all times
- Reports any equipment damage or potential mechanical problems to the supervisor or lead person immediately
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to stand and use hands for up to 8 to 10 hours
- Ability to apply common sense and follow detailed but basic written or oral instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Must be observant and highly responsive
- Excellent hand/eye coordination
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Valid Driver License strongly preferred
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.