BACON PRODUCT MANAGER
Job Title: Bacon Product Manager
Location: Elkhart, IN
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination – Simplicity – Availability – Humility – Sincerity – Discipline – Ownership
Supports company operations by Monitor all plant operations; encourage and confirm correct procedures are being followed to maximize value and increase productivity.
- Audit product manually and receive audits to verify proper procedures and efficiency
- Test new products and packaging of product for cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and value
- Communicate in person and by phone with customers to increase satisfaction and knowledge of available products.
- Examine previous day’s yields for variances and problems; determine reasons for variances, develop solutions/new procedures and implement as needed.
- Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
- Attend and schedule appropriate meetings
- Perform various other duties as needed
- Review slicing yield tests on a regular basis to verify pricing data and confirm the company is receiving bellies that meet contractual specifications.
- Work closely with sales and operations on research and product development. Includes but not limited to:
- Brine development, formulation, and maintenance
- Product matching
- Product testing: new ingredients, equipment, packaging, shelf life
- Customer specification creation
- Product quality monitoring
- New product implementation
- Work 40+ hours per week in various areas of the facility
- 1st and 2nd shift rotations and weekends as needed
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objects (knives), machinery, and vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science / Meat Science related degree strongly preferred; equivalent and relevant work experience would be considered.
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
- Previous experience in further processing.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and competent in organizational, time management skill
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Computer knowledge required
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.