JBS CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
JBS is seeking candidates for a part-time Financial Services Career Development role at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO. The intent of this position is to provide a year-round, entry-level position to currently enrolled college students on our Corporate A/P and A/R teams. This is an exciting, year-round opportunity for candidates who excel in a busy, achievement-oriented environment and obtain relevant work experience that can lead to long-term placement with JBS. School credit may be available.
Responsibilities will vary based on the role but may include:
- Perform three way match controls to approve payment orders
- Address problems in the payment processes with our purchase area and business locations across the US
- Maintain SOX compliance documentation backup in SAP
- Manage daily application of deposit incomes to the respective customer account balances
- Create international wire log files to allow cash application
- Keep both Vendor and Customer master data updated in our system (including bill to and ship to information, micro code details, contract terms and legal documentation)
- Actively connect with the collection team to track remittance information for the cash application process
- Access customer’s portals to research payment information status and create reports for the upper management and business meetings
- Input adjustments into financial systems
- Participation in process improvement discussions and meetings
- Rotation between various roles in the department
- Preferred availability is 4 hours per day, a total of 20 hours per week. Hours must be scheduled Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, year-round.
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Actively pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree. Accounting, Finance or Business degree preferred.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully work under strict deadlines
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- Base salary range of $16.50/hour.
- Retention bonus eligible
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.