LIVE PORK FEED MILL MANAGER
Company: JBS Live Pork
Position Title: Feed Mill Manager
Location: Centralia, MO
Title of Supervisor: Director of Feed Milling
Summary of Responsibilities
Lead a Feed Milling Team (~10 people) and manage the entire operation to produce and deliver high quality swine nutrition products as efficiently and safely as possible while meeting all corporate and government guidelines. This individual will need to be self-sufficient in tackling operational challenges and have a strong ability to create practical solutions independently. Strong leadership and a devotion to the JBS Values and Mission statement will be at the forefront of this individual’s leadership style, while creating a family orientated and competitive environment that team members wish to join and remain part of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cost, Productivity, and Process Improvement: Manage the Feed Mill effectively in order to achieve Milling Cost goals while maintaining safety, quality, service, housekeeping, and property conservation.
- Maintenance and Property Conservation: Implement maintenance programs. Ensure reliability of facilities. Maintain physical condition and appearance which reflects the standards of quality and service of our business. Propose and execute Capital Projects specific to the location.
- Leadership and Development: Create and promote a positive and rewarding experience for all mill employees, focused on employee success, retention, and development. Develop and Monitor KPI’s for mill and team.
- Logistics: Insure third party trucking service agreements with outbound haulers are met and provide the expected service and value to the business and within the law.
- Administration: Provide accurate and timely information to accounting team and make decisions based on reports generated.
- Product Quality: Manufacture products which conform to the product formula, regulatory, and all other requirements of the product design, i.e., PDI, fines, size, appearance, density, etc.
- Safety: Prevent accidental injuries through employee learning, safe behavior and the application of engineering principles to facilities, equipment and process design.
- Housekeeping: Ensure all facilities are consistently representing our brand and meet all JBS standards. Maintain and develop 5S protocols related to lean manufacturing.
- Environmental: Ensure the location complies with local, state and federal environmental regulations. Responsible for establishing good relations with neighbors and the local community.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 10 years’ of proven track record in equivalent role in feed milling or Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ year’s previous management experience in feed milling. 10+ years preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, climbing ladders, lifting up to 50 lb.
- Experience in industry related to regulatory process (i.e. FDA/EPA/DNR/OSHA)
- Project management skills and ability to execute large capital projects.
- Ability to understand and interpret monthly P&L statements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of how equipment used in the feed manufacturing process work.
- Strong understanding of pelleting processes in regards to animal feed.
- Right to work in the U.S. not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third part employer.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels.
- Organized and detail orientated, manage priorities and dynamic deadlines.
- Efficient time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity and knowledge related to 5S Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in feed mill batching software (e.g. Repete ®, Beta Raven ®, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Available to work weekends and holidays as needed.