BUSINESS ANALYTICS & DEMAND PLANNING MANAGER
Job Title: Business Analytics & Demand Planning Manager
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Demand Planning and Trend Associate Manager will operate in a highly cross-functional team environment involving Marketing, Sales, Supply and Operation and provide reliable demand forecast using SAP Integrated Business Planning Process. Will manage and monitor statistical forecast model to deliver highly accurate predictions. In addition, as a quantitative expert, will perform market trend and quantitative ad hoc analysis for the Business Unit (Marketing & Sales).
- Develop and maintain a rolling unit forecast at the SKU level and drive the entire forecast process;
- Develop and maintain statistical forecasts at the SKU and predetermined aggregate levels; This requires statistical analysis of multiple different model outputs to determine fit and adjustments
- Lead monthly demand consensus process and forecast review meetings with Sales, marketing. Be a part of the consensus forecast and finalize demand output
- Protect the financial performance of the strategic business unit by identifying potential supply chain issues as well as provide reports on short term volume pacing issues
- Lead the sales and Marketing side of the annual budgeting process - Provide statistical and baseline models
- Advise sales and marketing of variances between existing forecasts, plans and actuals.
- Work with multiple individuals / cross functional teams to analyze the P&L and understands the key leavers to increase profit
- Analyze historic consumption data by category and highlight patterns and trends to provide business recommendation
- Perform ad hoc quantitative analysis market analysis and provide recommendations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree Bachelor's degree in Advanced Analytical Methods (Economics or Statistics)
- 3+ Years of CPG related experience in Business Analytics
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Excel and Statistical Modeling Skills
- Nielsen, Panel and trend analysis skills a plus
- Strong understanding of sales models and successful interaction with Sales Data
- Requires inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Finance skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Project management skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While this position is primarily based in a corporate office setting, occasional travel to the production facility could be required. While at the facility, employee will be subject to extreme temperatures, humid/wet environments and other hazards common to a food manufacturing facility
he Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary Class: Exempt