SAFETY FLEET COORDINATOR
Fleet Safety Cordinator
The purpose of this position is to establish compliant record retention processes for the company's Fleet Safety Function. To be a central position for the flow of documentation and information through the department. To train users on the automated storage systems used in the department.(i.e., Driver Management On-Line, Safety Portal, and SAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor Driver Qualification files in Driver Management On-line Program for accuracy.
2. Audit new DQ files to insure completion prior to approval.
3. Review DOT Drug & Alcohol testing documentation to ensure compliance.
4. Compile Key Point Indicator (KPI) Report
5. Maintain vehicle accident registers.
6. Order MVR's & Criminal background checks as needed.
7. Requisition and receive invoices to ensure that all Fleet Safety accounts are paid timely.
8. Research & apply information for Annual Driver Safety Awards & ensure that each driver receives what he/she is entitled to.
9. Participate in monthly budget meetings and key journal entries as needed.
10. Assist locations with questions pertaining to the policy & procedures of DOT drug/alcohol testing.
Proficient in Excel
Must possess strong organizational skills
Knowledge of SAP
Knowledge of Driver Management On-line
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Work is assigned by others but is performed independently.
CUSTOMER FOCUS - Internal/External:
Work activities require daily contact with more than one department to discuss/interpret methods and procedures and also to resolve mutual problems.Work activities require daily contact with outside companies.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
Very confidential information is entrusted; disclosure would be serious.
Requires intermediate computer skills. For example, utilizing advanced functions in spreadsheet or word processing software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and policy/procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Typically requires 1 to 2 years of experience.
High School Diploma/GED; Typically requires a Bachelor's degree.