HACCP SUPERINTENDENT - PPF
t Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
This positions will support Human Resources in conducting the orientation and onboarding of new hires, will be responsible for scheduling training classes, organizing and preparing orientation materials, presenting courses, and effectively measuring training efforts. Focus will be on ensuring all training programs run smoothly and effectively
Directs, administers, and works with all levels of plant personnel. Oversees and administers the functioning of the facility HACCP program and those individuals associated with the program. Supervisory responsibilities also include the Quality Assurance Department. Charged with the appropriate function and application of the working HACCP and SSOP programs. Must have initiative and follow through on a timely basis to make sure execution and documentation are carried out to meet the established guidelines of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make sure that all phases of the HACCP and SSOP programs are being carried out according to the written procedures and formats which have been established.
- Review HACCP and SSOP records for completeness and correctness.
- Coordinate answers for NRs with plant supervision and management.
- Do PSR’s every hour or as required.
- Make changes to the SSOP and HACCP plans when necessary.
- Ensure employees are abiding by the GMP rules.
- Weekly and monthly reports and graphs.
- Annual review of the HACCP and SSOP plans
- Do a monthly walk through of the plant and conduct a GMP audit.
- Assist in the administration of the Quality Assurance department, to include overseeing Quality Assurance Technicians and appropriate QA compliance, in conjunction with QA Manager.
- Any additional tasks assigned by QA and plant management on an as needed basis.
- Minimum of 2 years HACCP experience in a Poultry environment.
- Must be familiar with plant sanitation standards, guidelines and overall sanitation operations in a slaughter packaging operation.
- Thorough working knowledge of USDA food safety regulations (pertaining to HACCP/SSOP/Labeling/ Nutrition/etc.) and auditing preferred.
- HACCP Certification is required. Training available to acquire.
- SQF training and/or SQF Practitioner preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc). SAP experience preferred.
- Effective technical reading and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Strong integrity and work ethic.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Associates Degree required. College degree in related field strongly preferred.