At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct, maintain and test mechanical equipment, machinery and components
- Identify parts or machines needing new or replacement parts
- Utilize shop mathematics to complete assignments
- Interpret drawings of equipment in order to properly adjust, maintain or repair machinery
- Respond to requests by production area when mechanical issues with equipment have been identified
- Communicate with production management and personnel to diagnose problems and to determine potential mechanical problems
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Complete assigned tasks with accuracy and efficiency, in regards to time as well as resources
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Technical school preferred.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1-2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment
- General mathematic ability required to perform job
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Basic knowledge of standard and metric measures
- Must be able to work assigned days/shifts (including some weekends)