At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Waste Water Supervisor is supervisor of the water, waste water treatment, bi-products shipment and storm water prevention, as well as research and development of cost efficient standards for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Supervise the water treatment, wastewater treatment, and offal and feather screen area.
2. Supervise operators within the department including training, developing and motivating them to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
3. Manage daily sampling protocol on Phosphorus, TSS, BOD, and FOG to satisfy regulatory reporting compliance.
4. Compile water, wastewater, and storm water prevention reports, inspections and records, including Tier 2 reporting requirements, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), boiler, air permits, wastewater reporting storm water permit, etc. to comply with city, company and regulatory agencies, including EPA and DNR.
5. Act as a liaison on behalf of Pilgrim’s working with the City of Arcadia’s Water/Wastewater Department and City Utility Commission as well as providing monthly DMR report.
6. Complete Discharge Monitoring Report for the city on a monthly basis.
7. Develop and implement goals and objectives, as well as departmental budget; monitoring and explain any variances.
8. Research and develop cost efficient standards for the department.
9. Maintain the equipment within the water and wastewater department; directing maintenance and sanitation.
10. Oversee the scheduling, moving, and loading of bi-product trailers.
11. Monitor water usage and waste, optimizing sampling protocols and water reuse efforts, keeping management informed and assisting with improvements
12. Certify fork-lift operators.
13. Assist other departments in the areas of water reuse, quality, and continuous improvement projects and quantity reductions.
14. Work with other departments and assist in the administration of the Environmental Audits, as well as the Operational Excellence Program within the complex.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and disabled Encouraged to Apply Pilgrim’s enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer