LIVE PRODUCTION ACCOUNTING MANAGER - Sauk Rapids, MN
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all accounting/financial activities related to Pullet/Breeder, Hatcheries, Feed Mill, and Broiler Grow Out areas in a specific live production complex. Will work closely with operations and accounting management to reduce costs through reporting and analysis, weekly & monthly financial preparation and reporting including budgeting, to assist and direct the development of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the Live Operations Clerical Staff that handles the daily/weekly accounting processes for the Pullet/Breeder, Hatcheries, Feed Mill, and Broiler Grow–Out departments
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Live Production Complexes
- Preparing audit schedules for both Internal and External audit requirements.
- Supervising and directing the work, training and development of partners in the department.
- Working with Live Operation department managers to prepare both capital and operating budgets.
- Managing the process of accounting of grower pay, the purchase of outside birds and handling of special flocks.
- Ensuring proper reporting of inventories and fixed assets for all cost centers within the live production complex.
- Communicating results and findings to management on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing related tasks as requested.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least 5 years’ previous experience in accounting, preferably in Poultry industry
- Able to solve analytical accounting problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or similar ERP systems
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Confidentiality is a Must
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related experience
5-7 years experience combined operational accounting