Sales Director – Club and Retails Sales
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods, formerly known as Plumrose USA, was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements. This is an opportunity for a person who wants to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Sales Director takes a multi-focused approach to developing sales opportunities with the major club stores and retailers. They will be responsible for presenting new product lines in a favorable light, negotiating sales contracts and developing/managing sales leads.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to drive the sale of products produced by the Culinary Solutions team within the club-retail market.
- Establish sales relationship with Costco, Sam’s Club, BJ’s and top 10 Retailers.
- Manage Brokers where necessary in each market to establish growth goals and implement strategy to accomplish those goals.
- Review weekly analytics and conduct weekly meetings with each broker market to measure results and adjust strategy.
- Negotiate program agreements with Clubs and top retailers
- Plan, Schedule, Develop, and Execute sales trainings and new product introductions with Broker offices
- Knowledge of B2B and Retail item offering and product capability, and current price lists.
- Regular collaboration with General Manager to review and update strategies and initiatives.
- Accept ownership of Sales Objectives and all facets of our business that impact sales growth.
- Work in Tandem with Swift HQ office to develop and be responsible for margin realization.
- Be informed about and communicate market and industry changes that will affect our performance and growth.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Agri-business or related field; relevant experience will be considered in lieu of education
- 7+ years of B2B Manufacturing experience and Club-Retail sales experience
- Ideal candidate would have significant experience within the Prepared Foods Category, Packaged Foods as well as Deli Prepared Foods Proven experience working with R&D to develop the next generation of products
- Independent, entrepreneurial and go getter
- Ability to represent Swift and sell our brand and corporate mission
- Negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Quick grasp of business model including economic factors/influences
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Motivated, persuasive, individuals willing to take ownership of duties
The position will require up to 70% travel.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits. Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled