Inbound Lead/Shipping Nights
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Trains and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance levels.
- Directs and monitors the operations of assigned processes. Provides feedback to the supervisor and works with others to plan and implement process improvements.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive team member communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to team members.
- Schedules people, materials and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the mission of Pilgrims. Assists the supervisor in determining work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs.
- Offers feedback for team member performance evaluation to the supervisor.
- Monitor equipment making minor adjustments or repairs to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, as well as preparing or coordinating the preparation of the work area for start-up.
- Performs quality checks to monitor quality levels and makes necessary changes to maintain quality standards.
- Recognizes safety hazards, performs safety audits and assists with accident investigation.
- Charts weekly progress against Gold’n Rewards goals, posts information and covers in crew meetings.
- Assists in investigation of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance.
- Assists in enforcing the Pilgrims Animal Welfare policy.
- Backup all department positions as needed
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School or GED required, 2 year college degree preferred
- 1 year of Pilgrims experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Working knowledge of production operation.
- Working knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers.