GRILL COOK - NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS
We are looking for an experienced line cook for our newly renovated JBS café. Our dedicated team serves over 800 meals per day for breakfast and lunch, and operates a general schedule of Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone seeking stable employment in a dynamic environment that fosters professional growth, along with competitive pay and benefits.
- Cook and serve made-to-order grill items to customers in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Assist with catering orders, set-up and clean-up.
- Prepare the line, complete prep sheets, and stock coolers as needed.
- Propose and implement cost-effective menu options.
- Adhere to excellent Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and food safety/quality standards.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Constant bending, twisting, and occasional lifting of up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Help with menu creation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years or more of previous grill-to-order and/or line cook experience is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong understanding of, and interest for upholding excellent food safety standards and requirements.
- Able to multitask while staying clean and orderly.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills with a natural, personable, and positive attitude.
- Works well with team members in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Proven leadership, showcases an interest in process improvement and implementation.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, English required
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $18.00
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible for a retention bonus.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About Us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the bet products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity