LEAD QA TECHNICIAN
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Souderton operation is a two-shift, beef-processing facility located in eastern Pennsylvania. JBS employs a total of 1,500 team members.
Souderton has the capacity to process more than 520,000 cattle per year and currently exports to 20 different countries around the world!
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future
- Ability to work safe and adhere to all company’s safety (human and products safety) rules and regulations
- Assist the Supervisor in day-to-day running of the department
- Be able to learn and perform all routine duties of Ground Beef QA technicians; such as paperwork, reports and record reviews
- Be able to perform all tasks expected of levels I, II and III Quality Assurance technicians in Ground Beef. This includes: Pre-Op inspection, monitoring tasks (CCP, SSOP, SOP) hazard recognition and prevention, quality monitoring etc.)
- Must be able to recognize and correct deviations in ground beef processing.
- Must understand specific quality requirements of ground beef products
- Must be able to perform daily quality and food safety related audits (AQL, Foreign material prevention audit, Products’ quality evaluation etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Ground Beef product flow and process control stages.
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate a limited working knowledge of equipment/machines in ground beef
- Ability to collect and process samples for laboratory testing
- Be able to learn and perform certain tasks in Red Prairie (inventory status change, daily transactions display, generate hold report etc.)
- Ability to perform pre-shipment inspection of finished Ground Beef products, evaluate and scan product back to inventory.
- Assist frontline Supervisor in training and mentoring of new hires (technicians) and other technicians
- Fill in for Supervisor when he/she is absent
- Employee will be expected to fulfill other tasks that are assigned by management (fill-in for absent employees, training and cross-training of employees etc.)
- This position is responsible to work multiple shifts (1st, 2nd &3rd shifts) in both production floor and distribution center
- Be flexible enough to work assigned shifts ( 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts) as may be needed
- Must be able to generate simple email, excel spreadsheet document and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work under extreme temperature conditions
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be familiar with and/or have a working knowledge of Ground Beef operations (Production, QA & DC inspection activities)
- Be able to work long hours (with some weekends)