SAFETY ASSISTANT MANAGER/ LICENSED ATHLETIC TRAINER (LAT) ERGONOMIC SPECIALIST
Assistant Safety Manager / Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT) Ergonomic Specialist
COMPANY: JBS USA
Green Bay, WI
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR:
FUNCTION: Implement JBS’s Ergonomic Program, by providing a proactive approach to aid the overall Safety and Health Program as an active team member in Ergonomics.
- Perform ergonomic job analysis, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, and body mechanics analysis.
- Develop and maintain Physical Demand Assessments for all production positions
- Implement/maintain exercise program for facility
- Use innovation, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomic interventions such as, job rotation, exercise programs, and training and education.
- Consult with the Industrial Engineer on crewing needs and the utilization of Ergo Ease.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Industrial Athlete Program, and suggest improvements as necessary.
- On a daily basis, monitor employees who are in conservative treatment or return to work to include the treatment modalities, restricted work activity, and ergonomic interventions.
- Through investigation, aid in the determination of causality for alleged occupational illnesses and injuries.
- Aid the Occupational Nurse Manager as necessary.
- Aid the Employment Manager and/or the Occupational Nurses Manager in assessing an employee’s ability to perform work tasks.
- Perform data analysis to measure direct and indirect cost of musculoskeletal disorders and trend identification.
- Combination of office setting as well as production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives likely.
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noise prevail.
- Generally, works 9 to 10 hour days, 5-6 days a week and could be considered on call additional hours.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science, Athletic Trainer Certified or Ergonomics
EXPERIENCE: Entry Level
SPECIAL SKILLS: NATABOC Certification or similar ergonomic certifications preferred.
Computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.
Strong oral and written communication skills