SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Senior Tax Accountant
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: We are seeking an experienced Income Tax Accountant to join our Corporate Tax team.
- Prepare or review tax returns
- Prepare or review tax payments
- Assist with tax notice correspondence
- Assist with tax audits
- Perform research related to new tax laws and tax planning projects
- Complete special tax projects as assigned
- Regular training of staff
- Focused on process improvement
- Comply with federal, state, and/or local tax laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and/or business
- 3-7+ years of tax experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- ONESOURCE Income Tax experience a plus
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as a member of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Must be able to communicate with all levels or employees
- Ability to work towards internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with members of the accounting department
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $70,000-$110,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity