Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up in Lafayette, CO near Denver. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer. Join us as we build the best plant-based protein company in the world!
We are seeking a Director of Insights and Category Strategy to lead Planterra’s growing Insights Group. This role will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to guide product innovation and renovation, accelerate category sales and share of our key brands in retail and food service through category and consumer insight support in alignment with our strategy. Other focal points will include a full spectrum of data analysis, consumer and category insights, assortment, and merchandising recommendations using category management principles to exceed targets.
This role functions as the category and customer expert to retailers, as well as category resource for the sales and marketing teams. This role will primarily work at our Lafayette, CO Corporate Office, with schedule flexibility and remote work available within the local area, more details available during the interview process.
- Integrate Category Management Principles and Consumer/Shopper Insights to achieve consistent sales growth, share targets, and profitable category/aisle growth strategy
- Evaluate and plan assortment selections to the Customer by providing fact based category insights and shelf recommendations within key categories
- Utilize Customer Specific Data to support brand and customer strategy
- Utilize available technology (IRI, IRI Gateway, AC Nielsen, Microsoft Office) and other resources to track, analyze, and evaluate internal and external business (channel and consumer) trends and offer actionable insights to achieve category/aisle business growth goals
- Evaluate promotional activities and recommend growth and efficiency improvements
- Incorporate fact-based consumer and shopper insights to provide recommendations related to the plant-based protein categories
- Analyze new item sales to track performance against objectives
- Analyze account specific POS or available syndicated data and provide relevant recommendations to achieve share of shelf, market share, merchandising flow, and promotional objectives
- Support and provide thought leadership to achieve share of shelf targets and succeed in points of distribution negotiations
- Utilize Space Planning skills to build recommended POG with annual reviews/New Items launches, and execute item assortment optimization to achieve distribution, share of shelf, and shelf layout goals
- Evaluate current category management strategies on assigned businesses.
- Continually develop consumer and category insights
- Provide visionary leadership to identify business opportunities/solutions for short and long term business decisions
- Provide category, segment, consumer, and product intelligence to marketing team through retail visits/in-market knowledge of specific customer, as well as competition
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- We are seeking candidates with highly developed skills in the following areas; presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, sales, time management and project management
- Required experience: 8+ years CPG relevant experience, Category Manager or Analytics, internal or field based
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, advanced skills with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and organize information from syndicated data sources to develop meaningful insights with solution recommendations
- Technical skill set including Shipment and Consumption analytics experience
- Prior Experience with Consumer Insights and other Primary Research
- Solid understanding of category and customer management, and Working knowledge of retail operations to help make strategies come alive at retail
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners at various levels
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills with ability to influence external parties
- Ability to travel (approximately 15%)
- Plant-based protein, alternative protein or meat experience preferred
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, paid holidays
- Base salary range of $150,000-180,000
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help with scheduling an appointment for one if a conditional job offer is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.